5. TGFCG – Thank Goodness for Costco GasDear Costco, Thank you for providing us car owners with [cheaper] petroleum. After California passed the ‘gas tax’ we’re all looking for a good way to save a buck. PS: your $1.50 hotdog combo makes your long lines every part of the week and day totally worth it.
4. Wherefore Art Thou AAA?Can we take a minute and give thanks to AAA and all other roadside services provided? Thank you for saving us on the side of the road when we forget to stop (or refuse to acknowledge we need it) for gas and run out on the worst intersection of the 405 freeway. Also, thank you for changing our flat tire out for the spare (even though we should know how to do that, too.). We appreciate the service, even if we forget to thank you sometimes …
3. All The Cars at The MarconiHey, we could’ve waited all the way to #1 to drop a shameless plug into this blog about why we’re thankful for the cars at the museum but we won’t make you wait that long. Thank you Dick Marconi for donating your entire $30 million car collection to found the museum and Marconi Foundation for Kids. Without your desire to give back to those in need, none of us would be here working to continue and honor your legacy.
2. The Actual CarIf you have a personal mode of transportation, throw a little thanks in its direction. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a car to get them from point A to B and are stuck looking for a seat on the bus with the least amount of gum stuck to it. But feel free to still complain about the expense that comes with owning your own vehicle. Car insurance, maintenance bills and the weekly fill up at the gas station all still bite the big one.
1. Better Than The AlternativeWhat’s the alternative? Back in the day it was a horse and buggy, so better to not have to smell the poop or pick it up. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We at The Marconi hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your good fortunes, family and food. Drive safe, may your traffic be light and your bellies be full.
The Marconi Automotive Museum is a class 501 ©(3) nonprofit located in the heart of Orange County. A portion of the net proceeds from booked events goes to various at-risk children charities throughout Southern California. We are open to the public for museum visitors Monday through Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm, double check our event calendar before visiting.
If you would like to get more information about hosting an event at #TheMarconi please fill out our online form, or give us a call at 714.258.3001. Dare To Be Different. Book at The Marconi today!