Our Founder Dick Marconi donated his impressive automotive collection of high-performance street and race cars in 1994 and the building that housed it to found the Marconi Automotive Museum & Foundation for Kids.
Today, we are a class 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the goal of raising one million dollars annually for various at-risk children’s charities by using the automotive museum as a special event venue and tourist attraction for automotive enthusiasts.
Dick’s dream is to leave a lasting legacy of the importance of giving back to our communities and his wife, Priscilla ‘Bo’ Marconi continues to preserve her husband’s dreams and goals for the museum and foundation.
But did you know these 7 fun facts about our founder?
- Dick’s favorite color is orange!
- He is blind in one eye after a chemical accident when he was a kid.
- Dick is from Gary, Indiana. He moved to California with only $500 to his name!
- Is a former SCCA race car driver who participated in the Long Beach Grand Prix and became the oldest driver to ever qualify and finished in 8th place.
- His favorite food is anything Italian, naturally.
- He used to drive his dog around in the front seat of his Ferrari Testarossa, a car featured at the museum today. The dog’s name was Dino.
- These days you can find him in his studio painting and creating art.
The Marconi Automotive Museum is a class 501 ©(3) nonprofit located in the heart of Orange County. A portion of the net proceeds from booked events goes to various at-risk children charities throughout Southern California. We are open to the public for museum visitors Monday through Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm, double check ourevent calendar before visiting.
If you would like to get more information about hosting an event at #TheMarconi please fill out ouronline form, or give us a call at 714.258.3001. Dare To Be Different. Book at The Marconi today!