This year’s Fight Night 21 charity partner is CHOC Children’s. Marconi Foundation for Kids has joined forces with CHOC to help fight the stigma surrounding pediatric mental health. Here’s our mission…
One out of five children suffers from a mental health condition. That’s more than 150,000 children in Orange County alone. Chances are someone you know, or even someone in your family, is affected. The stories of courageous children battling cancer, diabetes and asthma are familiar, yet mental illness is a crisis often shrouded in social stigma and misconceptions.
CHOC Children’s has opened a full service perdiatric mental health wing here in Orange County, its approval rates are through the roof at 80% satisfaction compared to the average range of 35-60 percent.
The mental health inpatient center is designed for ages 3-17, this is the only center in Orange County that can accommodate children under the age of twelve. The 18-bed Center opened in 2018.
Did you know?
- Half of
adultswho struggle with a lifetime mental illness had symptoms before age 14,but received no help.
- Only about 1/3 of children with mental health problems today receive any treatment.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people ages 10-24.
- Children with chronic medical conditions like asthma or diabetes are 2-5 times more likely than their
healthierpeers to have mental health problems.
- Stigma, denial, and lack of access to care are barriers to healing.
- The earlier a child receives high-quality, evidence-based care, while the brain is rapidly developing, the greater the possibility of a positive outcome.
- Effective treatment in partnership with the family can change the trajectory of a life.
Marconi Foundation for Kids has proudly served the CHOC Children’s community for many years and can’t be more thrilled to be splitting the net proceeds from the Fight Night 21 fundraiser with this organization.
If you want more information about Fight Night 21, please click here.
The Marconi Automotive Museum is a class 501 ©(3) nonprofit located in the heart of Orange County. A portion of the net proceeds from booked events goes to various at-risk children charities throughout Southern California. We are open to the public for museum visitors Monday through Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm, double check ourevent calendar before visiting.
If you would like to get more information about hosting an event at #TheMarconi please fill out ouronline form, or give us a call at 714.258.3001. Dare To Be Different. Book at The Marconi today!